Uses of Honey as explained by Dr. Krishna.R.S has been an Ayurvedic Practitioner since 19 years,a graduate in ayurveda (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) in 1986 from University of Mysore, India.
Therapeutic uses of Honey:
1. As it contains sugars which are quickly absorbed by our digestive system and converted into energy, this can be used as instant energizer.
2. As it is hygroscopic it speeds up healing, growth of healing tissue and dries it up.
3. Honey acts as a sedative and is very useful in bed wetting disorders.
4. Honey is very good antioxident which restores the damaged skin and gives soft, young looks.
5. Honey has antibacterial properties due to its acidic nature and enzymically produced hydrogen peroxide.
6. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.
a.. Honey is very good for eyes and eye sight.
b.. It quenches thirst.
c.. Dissolves kapha.
d.. Reduces effects of poison.
e.. Stops hiccups.
f.. It is very useful in urinary tract disorders, worm infestations, bronchial asthma, cough, diarrhea and nausea, vomiting.
g.. Cleanse the wounds.
h.. It heals wounds.
i.. Helps in quick healing of deep wounds.
j.. Initiates growth of healthy granulation tissue.
k.. Honey which is newly collected from bee hive increases body weight and is a mild laxative.
l.. Honey which is stored and is old helps in metabolism of fat and scrapes Kapha.
Few Home remedies with Honey
a.. Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with carrot juice and consume regularly. This helps to improve eyesight and is very helpful for those who sit before computer for long hours.
b.. In cold, cough and congested chest mix 2 teaspoons of honey with equal quantity of ginger juice and should be consumed frequently.
c.. A mixture of black pepper powder, honey and ginger juice in equal quantities, when consumed thrice daily help to relieve the symptoms of asthma.
d.. Regular use of one teaspoon of garlic juice mixed with two teaspoons of honey help to control blood pressure.
e.. One glass of warm water taken with two teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in early morning reduces fat and purifies blood.
Consuming one spoon of honey daily help us to lead a healthy long life.